Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

What I think of Jesus Christ

"But if I am asked what I think of Jesus Christ, my reply is, I believe all that the Scriptures say of him. If the testimony represents him as being in glory with the Father before the world was, I believe it. If it is said that he was in the beginning with God, that he was God, that all things were made by him and for him, and that without him was not anything made that was made, I believe it. If the Scriptures say he is the Son of God, I believe it. If it is declared that the Father sent his Son into the world, I believe he had a Son to send. … Children inherit the name of their father. The Son of God “hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than” the angels” (R. F. Cottrell, The Review & Herald, June 1 1869, emphasis in the original).

No comments:

Post a Comment